Using our Slip Resistant Solutions Quarry Tile Floor Treatment on a commercial quarry tile kitchen will increase the slip resistance or Coefficient of Friction thus drastically reducing, if not even eliminating, slip and fall accidents.
This product is for use on only quarry tile commercial kitchen floors. Typically quarry tile is red in color but it can be other colors as well.
Quarry tile is porous in nature. In its original new state it is rather slip resistant. That is why it is used in commercial kitchens. The problem is that over time greases and dirt accumulate in those pores and the floor actually becomes coated.
Be sure to read Safety Equipment for Floor Treatment
Watch our 10 minute video on how to do the Floor Treatment.
Steps to treat a kitchen floor would be these:
- Step 1. Remove all open food containers. Remove everything from the floor that could be damaged by water. It is best to have the floor as uncluttered as possible.
- Step 2. Thoroughly clean the floor following the procedure outlined in the link below:
- Step 3. Mix the Slip-Resistant-Solution's Neutralizer using one (1) tablespoon per quart of water in a clean tank sprayer.
- Step 4. Squeegie the floor until no puddles of water exist. The floor does not need to be completely dry, but there should not be any standing water.
- Step 5. Saturate the floor with the undiluted Slip Resistant Solutions Quarry Tile Floor Treatment. Coverage should be 250 to 300 sq. ft. per gallon of solution. This can be accomplished using a window washing mop and bucket.
- Step 6. Using a clean stiff bristle deck brush, continually brush the floor. The floor must remain wet during this process. Continue this process for 40 minutes adding the Floor Treatment Compound as needed. This will treat the porous nature of the Quarry Tile.
- Step 7. Spray floor with the neutralizer solution. Be sure not to miss any area.
- Step 8. Using a hose, rinse and squeegie the neutralized Quarry Tile Floor Treatment Compound to the floor drains. If floor drains are not available, use a new mop and clean bucket going over the floor several times. Rinse the floor at least three times to get rid of the neutralizer.
The floor should now be very safe and slip resistant, meeting the OSHA, Americans with Disabilities Act, and building codes requirements.
To maintain this safety and slip resistance it is highly recommended that the floor be cleaned daily using SLIP-RESISTANT-SOLUTION'S HARD SURFACE FLOOR CLEANER/DEGREASER.
TO SEE ALL PRODUCTS THAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
We welcome phone calls and questions. 1 800 741 4024.
To Exit Value of a Slip and Fall and to go back to the Home Page